Sunday, January 24, 2010




I was reading this verse tonight and I had one of those God moments, where it's like God hits you on the back of the head just to get your attention.
I've always heard of people talking about having spiritual dry spells, but I've never liked calling it that. Because to me that implies it was something beyond my control, when it was actually because it was in my control that I allowed that to happen. It's more like a phase of spiritual neglect.
I'm hopefully getting ready to transfer schools, and I want more than anything to figure out what it is I'm meant to do. And I need to be still, listening for God's voice now more than ever. When I read that verse, I realized why I have such a hard time hearing God. I haven't been seeking Him "wholeheartedly". I've been seeking Him with whatever part of my heart I have to spare at the time. How can I expect to hear what someone has to say if I'm only half-listening? It's the same with seeking God. How am I to know what He's telling me if I won't listen?
I can't explain it, but lately I feel like my soul has had this rush of cold water fill it to the roots. I feel this renewed energy and passion to seek God with all my heart. all of it. Because if I'm doing that, everything else will fall into place. One of the most used commands God gives in the Bible is, "Do not fear". I think fear and worry come hand in hand. And if we're seeking God with all our hearts and trusting Him in all we do, worries don't exist. This verse could not make it any clearer. If you want to hear from God, seek Him.

When I die, I hope people remember me for only a few things. 1. For listening to God and being His servant of all. 2. For being a good wife and mother. That's it. Also that I was really good at apples to apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment